What is an alien registration card?
If you plan to stay in Korea for more than 90 days – must obtain foreign ID card. ID card must be obtained withing period of current stay before expiration date indicated in VISA (Must pay fine if issued after 90 days of stay)
Alien registration subject
Foreigners who intend to stay longer than 90 days from the date of entry into the Republic of Korea
Application for Alien registration card (ID card)
Must obtain ID card within 90 days from arrival date. The alien registration card is used as a foreigner personal document/passport in Korea. The applicant will visit the immigration office in Seoul and apply for it. Fingerprint will be registered when during application.
- 1) Application form (Immigration Office Form No.34)
- 2) Original Passport (valid date – before expiration)
- 3) One copy of passport
- 4) Photo for passport – one color photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm, white background)
- 5) Certificate of enrollment for study program; Certificate of proof for tuition fee payment (prepared by the university)
- 6) Health certificate, tuberculosis certificate (to obtain visit general hospital)
- 7) Confirmation of residence (confirmation of real estate contract and residence confirmation)
- 8) Commission fee 30,000 won
- ※ University administration will guide and help to apply for Alien registration card.
Procedure for issuing ID card
- Chongshin University is under the jurisdiction of Seoul Immigration Office
Issuance of medical certificate
Students from the following countries must be issued for a health certificate.
- Sri Lanka
1) ID Photo
3) Fee: 300 won
The issuing center and procedure
University administration guide and help to issue certificate of health.
Application Place: Seoul Immigration Office Location
- Location:It takes about 10 minutes to walk from Exit 7 OhmokGyeo station (Line 5)
- Tel.: 1345
(Foreigners General Information Center)
- Working hours:weekdays 09:00~18:00